I am not always a willing or enthusiastic morning person.
My birth certificate and astrologer tell me I was born at the moment of sunrise, so maybe that explains it?
(There’s nothing like a cold hospital weight plate on just-born nerves to ruin mornings for you forever.)
My mother says that I loved mornings growing up. “You’d wake up like a gunshot!” She said with amazement.
Yes, I woke up like a gunshot. Because morning is here, that beast! I must RUN.
I like mornings a little more lately.
In fact, I’ve kind of grown to love them.
You wake up. You’re refreshed. Your head is clear. Maybe you had some good dreams.
I don’t even need coffee anymore because I have officially hacked the energy code, but ALSO because I intermittent fast, and I’ve never been a straight-black-coffee drinker.
(I will pour a solid third-of-a-cup of cream in my coffee, with stevia. I’m really just aiming for coffee flavored cream at that point. Not intermittent-fasting-friendly.)
So if you want better ways to charge up in the mornings without battling the alarm clock in a to-the-death duel, or drowning yourself in a vat of espresso, let me assist you.
Seven Instant-Energy Practices That Will Make You LOVE Mornings
- Wake up, drink 16 ounces of water.
- Do three burpees. Jump up and down. Shake all over. Dance in place for five minutes.
- Clear your energy spinners (aka chakras) and hum along with the sounds: http://bit.ly/3XNisxR
- Repeat after me: “I am strong. I can do anything. I GOT this. I got this DAY, this WEEK, this LIFE. I love myself. Thank you, thank you, thank you, life. I KISS the ground in gratitude. I kiss my hands in gratitude. I kiss the sky in gratitude. I love you God. I love you Life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
- Place your hand on your heart and say to yourself: “I trust you, I trust you, I trust you.” FEEL that you trust yourself. Let that feeling permeate deep in your bones.
- Step outside and let the sunlight bathe you for a solid five minutes. Sit or stand quietly. Say thank you, thank you, thank you silently as you sit.
- Hug someone.
Got it? Good! Now get out there and enjoy all that sunshine!